Early Years Foundations Stage (EYFS)
FS framework makes a number of improvements:
- Reducing bureaucracy for professionals, simplifying the statutory assessment of children’s development at age five.
- Simplifying the learning and development requirements by reducing the number of early learning goals from 69 to 17.
- Stronger emphasis on the three prime areas which are most essential for children’s healthy development. These three areas are: communication and language; physical; and personal, social and emotional development.
- For parents, a new progress check at age two on their child’s development. This links with the Healthy Child review carried out by health visitors, so that children get any additional support they need before they start school.
- Strengthening partnerships between professionals and parents, ensuring that the new framework uses clear language.
For more information, please visit http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/curriculum/a0068102/early-years-foundation-stage-eyfs